Thursday, April 13, 2006

Back To The Ol' Grindstone

It's been a month of deep reflection for me. I think that losing a friend before his time might tend to do that to a person. I've grieved a little, stressed a little, and thought a lot, and it's time to get back on the horse now and let my life resume its normal course. Coincidentally enough, it's also the start of baseball season and my hometown Houston Astros are doing better than expected (more on this in a later post). The Houston Dynamo are playing their inaugural season in the MLS, and the only thing better than watching good soccer is watching it live and in person. As an added bonus, my girlfriend not only got a job last week, she got what amounts to the job of her dreams. After an eight-month pursuit, she is a senior editor at a small magazine with national circulation. She is very happy right now. (And the award for Understatement of the Year goes to...ME!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everything around me is OK. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, the weather is perfect, and my friends have been there for me when I needed them. Life is good right now, and I need to start acting like it. We all have problems, it's how we deal with them that sets us apart from each other. I don't think I've been dealing with mine particularly well, and I apologize to everyone who has put up with me during my period of ennui.

Things will get better, I know that. I just forgot it for a little while.

1 comment:

Accidental Foodie said...

Eagerly awaiting more sports-related posts!

Signed,

one your two fans (he he)